The week that was
Its been a strange week, the week that was. The beginning of it so painful, the thought more real, more solid everyday that something was wrong. Something terribly, horribly wrong. Had she left? Or been taken? The choice hers to make? Or simply forcefully removed? I sat bathed in silence heart growing heavier wishing against wish. Every passing day like that of a searching relative or friend, hope fading slowly.
Then the words of a friend. Only a few typewritten simple words and my heart lept. She was still Alive...and more to the point so too was her love. I reread the words over and over again trying to force from the screen some clues as to how and where. Sadly when the window closed, the blinking cursor on the blank screen accused me of not doing enough, of having blown my chance, of not saying how I truly felt.
You can send an ilu down a conduit but unless it is very straight and unimpeded your message arrives jumbled mumbled static laden words, the message there, the urgency gone.
Like so many other times I checked where messages might be posted. It reminds me of again looking for the lost soul, hoping for a sign. Something that will tell you how they are and how you might contact them. And today not one, not two but three. Words I didn't even dare to hope that I would see again. And there they were, real as life.
Adrenalin rush, I read it all twice, and again. I had to write her back. So now I am. More, so much more to say later.
ILU.
That'll do for now.

2 Comments:
For now? That'll do forever. That's all I need. That's everything.
By the way, I commented some new thoughts on the tree. The one that you never should have planted in the first place...yeah, that's the one.
And one more thing... I'm not just a friend. I ignore rules and technicalities, remember? I'm am still yours, and will be forever. I love you.
Post a Comment
<< Home